March marks the beginning of spring in the UK, and there are plenty of tasks to do in the garden during this time. Here are some examples of jobs for the garden in March in the UK:
- Planting: March is a great time to start planting seeds and seedlings in the garden. This can include vegetables, herbs, and flowers that can thrive in the warmer weather.
- Soil preparation: It’s important to prepare the soil before planting. This can include testing the soil pH, adding compost or other organic matter to improve soil fertility and structure, and removing weeds.
- Pruning: March can be a good time to prune fruit trees, roses, and other shrubs that have finished blooming. This can help to promote new growth and improve the overall health and shape of the plant.
- Garden cleanup: March is a good time to clean up any debris, fallen leaves, and dead branches that may have accumulated over the winter. This can help to prevent the spread of diseases and pests.
- Lawn care: March is a good time to start preparing the lawn for the growing season. This can include removing thatch, aerating the soil, and fertilizing.
- Pest control: It’s important to keep an eye out for pests and diseases that may start to emerge in the garden during the warmer weather. This can include aphids, slugs, and snails.
It’s important to note that the specific tasks needed in the garden in March can vary depending on your location and climate in the UK. It’s always a good idea to consult with local gardening resources or experts to determine the best tasks for your garden during this time.
Top of Form